Hello, my KMD lovelies!
I hope each and every one of you are having an amazing start to 2019!
I’ve seen lots of bloggers do a New Year’s Resolution post and/or do a post similar to that, so I thought, why not do a Yearly recap?
I wanted to commemorate the relaunch of this blog and many milestones accompanying that relaunch, in a blog post.
Not many people know this, but I had actually started my blog a little over 2 years ago. However, I barely posted anything and everything that was posted back then had already been archived. Thus, all you seen now is posts from the relaunch of my blog in May 2018. Without further ado, let’s get to it!
- Thought about relaunching the blog as the New Year hit. I was really contemplating it but it didn’t happen.
- I did an update post on the blog after probably a year.
- Since I had just posted an update post the previous month, I wanted to post do another post, but I couldn’t think of what to post. I didn’t have much of a following so I lost my motivation.
- I started checking out a lot of bloggers on my personal Instagram and thought, why not make an Instagram to accompany my blog
- Not only will this drive traffic, but it will hold me accountable to make posts and keep up with my blog.
- I had launched my Instagram to accompany my blog.
- I made my first post on the blog since my update post in February and it was also my first travel related post.
- Just in a few short weeks, I reached 500 followers on my Instagram. I was shocked and so excited for this new community.
- My blog hit 100+ views and I was so excited about that as well.
- These might be small accomplishments, but I was excited to finally have people interested in what I’m writing about all by ways of my Instagram.
- I had my first blogger lunch with the lovely Stephanie of HippieChicksAndPixieSticks.
- I attended my first blogger event and my first blogger workshop.
- It was the first time someone did a “follow Friday” on me (by the lovely Radhika of RadhikaTChabbra).
- Attended my first Blogger Gals Dinner hosted by the lovely Jamie of Style by Jamie Lea; this dinner was a “Goodbye Memphis” dinner for the amazing Erica of Beautoptician.
- Did my first collaboration with some amazing local Memphis bloggers. Check out the series: Fall Floral, Statement Jacket, Animal Print and Fall Hues.
- Got my first brand collaboration with none other than Neutrogena!
- Did another collaboration with another Blogger Babe (Vidhi of coffeeVSchai).
- This collab was super special to me as this series was also the first time I did anything focused in Indian Attire. We both did a post each on one outfit that can be worn on Navaratri and one that can be worn on Diwali.
- We also collaborated with the following to help us with this series:
- I hit 1000 followers on Instagram this month and this was a huge milestone for me!
- This was the first time a brand had reached out to me to do a collaboration (instead of it being the other way around).
- With the year coming to an end, my creative juices were flowing, and I was finally coming up with cooler content.
And there you have it, a wrap of my past year in this blogging world! I’m loving the milestones that I have achieved so far. While it may have seemed like I have achieved quite a lot in the short time of my blogging journey, it wasn’t done without hard work and patience. With that being said, there is always room for improvement, growth and life lessons. I look forward to my continued journey of blogging this year and hope that you guys are still tagging along!