Happy New Year to my Komal Means Delicate Lovelies!
Another year has flown by and I am in awe of how quickly it has gone. This past year has had many ups and downs for me but I kept my spirit high. At the beginning of each year, I like to reflect on the pros and cons of the previous year. This reflection exercises me to focus on what type of posts to write about and set goals for my blog. I have done this each year and noticed that it does indeed help me focus to grow and better my blog for the next year. If you are curious and/or need some inspiration, check out previous year’s recaps: 2018 Recap, 2019 Recap, 2020 Recap, and 2021 Recap. Anyway, let us get into my yearly recap for 2022 below!
- Completed my Instagrammable Places in Memphis, TN series – got tons of positive reviews
- Did my first Instagram Reel of the year. It was a “trendy reel” and performed well!
- Had my first clothing brand collab of the year: Shop Micas
- Started a new job in my Career so had to take a step back from the blog.
- For the first time, I was able to batch posts on my blog from February 2022- March 2022
- It felt nice not to have to rush each post and have time at night to do other things.
- Did my annual Winter Blues post and it performed well
- Went back to Crosstown Concourse to shoot content and it performed well
- By batching my Instagram posts and my blog posts, I still did not manage my time right.
- Thus, fell behind on other blog tasks; i.e. emails, pitching and working with brands/other bloggers.
- Planned the first big Memphis Desi Content Creator girls’ night out and it was a success
- Reached my long-term goal of 10K followers on Instagram
- Did my first-ever Spring Cleaning post and it was a success
- Completed my first ever South Asian collab: For the Love of Laxmi by Bijal Shah
- My annual Holi post did not perform so well
- Did a photoshoot in Midtown Memphis and it performed well
- Celebrated my first-ever Iftar Dinner at Rooshna Ali Khan’s house
- Had a hard time managing my time to batch my blog posts, after my batch till March
- Did my first Self-Care post of the year and it performed well
- Finally posted my long-time-awaited Memphis Rooftop post and it performed well
- Celebrated 4 years of the KomalMeansDelicate blog!
- It was a busy month on the personal/social calendar so it was hard to find time to shoot content
- Did my first-ever Summer shoes post and it didn’t perform as well as I assumed it would
- Did a post that is not my usual topic: How to Get Back into Reading.
- The post performed well; better than I had thought it would perform
- My 9-5/Day job got busy so had to take a step back from the Blog/Content Creation
- Traveled to Disney World this month which was a Bucket list trip for me
- Worked with my first-ever Paid Brand Collab (GraceAwayCA)
- The highly requested How to Find your Niche as a Blogger post did not perform well.
- I had many collaborations going on this month, which I am extremely grateful for however, it was overwhelming to produce all that content within the given timelines.
- My first whole month was dedicated to travel posts (Disney World/Universal Studios/Orlando, FL)
- Posted by Disney pictures on Instagram which made my Instagram feed look amazing
- Had Covergirl collab via Influenster
- They were impressed with the post & offered to pay for the content
- People were getting tired of my Disney content since it was posted all month long
- Was always afraid to use older content but it was a success for this month
- Blogger vs content creator vs influencer post performed well
- My photographer (my Hubby), was busy so did not have time to shoot content.
- Posted a new topic, End of summer Reflection but did not perform well
- My favorite theme ever for a Fall pumpkin patch and it performed well on Instagram
- Most diverse type of blog posts in a month (Fall, Birthday, Diwali, Halloween) and they all performed well
- Didn’t have time to shoot for November’s content due to a busy social calendar
- Took some time off for Thanksgiving and it felt like a nice refresh
- Had an amazing Friendsgiving with my Local Memphis Desi Bloggers.
- Used old/mismatch of pictures thus, Instagram & Blog looked a bit off
- The holiday content looked amazing on my Instagram
- Took two weeks off at the end of the month and felt refreshed to create new content
- Taking the time off of the blog and Instagram has affected my views
And that is a wrap of the Yearly Recap for 2022, for my blog! In conclusion, I believe it was a good year for my blog despite all the ups and downs. I also had some bigger goals that I wanted to accomplish this year however, I am manifesting those goals for 2023!
Do you always meet your yearly goals or push them for the following year?
Thank you for tagging along for the past four years of my blogging journey. I hope to bring more success in the years to come.